Discharge Paperwork

DD 214 - Discharge Paperwork

Your discharge paperwork, DD 214 Member 4, is the beginning spot to file for any county, state, or federal benefits. If you do not have a DD 214, Member 4 copy in your possession, there are many different ways to obtain one such as:

Certified Copy

Once you do have a certified copy of your DD 214, we suggested that you:

  • File one copy at the Mills County Courthouse at the Recorder's Office. They are located on the main floor of the Courthouse across from the Treasurer's Office.
  • After you have filed it with the Recorder's Office, if you own your home, you may be able to also file for a military tax exemption on your home. The exemption is currently worth $1,852 off of the assessed value of your home. You can file for a military tax exemption at the Assessor's Office, which is located in the basement of the Courthouse.
  • Finally, bring a copy of our office as well. We will be happy to meet with you and discuss what benefits you may be eligible for based on your military service.

Additional Information

Call us or stop by today.