Welcome to our website and thank you for your service! We help area veterans and their families in applying for the county, state, and federal benefits, and related matters.
Please feel free to call us with questions or concerns. Appointments are not required but highly encouraged so we may provide each veteran with the time and attention they deserve.
Our Mission Statement
"To provide our veterans with prompt, courteous, and effective service through a caring and qualified staff motivated by integrity and respect for all others, and to fulfill President Lincoln's promise "(t)o care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan".
Veterans Crisis Line
- 800-273-8255 Press 1
- Confidential chat at Veterans Crisis Line or text to 838255
- How do I receive assistance from the Mills County Veterans Affairs office?
- How do I receive a copy of my DD 214/discharge paperwork, service records, and/or medals?
- What is the process to have “Veteran” put on my driver’s license or to order veteran plates?
- How do I apply for the Military Property Tax Exemption? What is I am 100% disabled?
- What makes a veteran eligible for the Veterans Affairs (VA) Hospital or the CBOCs?