Tax Sale Information
- The annual tax sale will be held on the third Monday of each June as provided for in the Iowa Code, Section 446.7. At this time there will be a public sale of all delinquent taxes.
- Publication of the date, time, and place of the annual tax sale shall be made once by the treasurer in at least one official newspaper in the county as selected by the board of supervisors and designated by the treasurer at least one week, but not more than three weeks, before the day of sale. (IA Code 446.9)
- Taxes for a subsequent year may be paid by the tax sale purchaser beginning fourteen days following the date from which an installment becomes delinquent. (IA Code 446.32)
- A parcel sold on tax sale may be redeemed at any time before the right of redemption expires, by payment to the county treasurer.
- The redemption amount includes a fee for the certificate of purchase, and interest of two percent per month. (IA Code 447.1)
- Right of Redemption: After one year and nine months from the date of sale, or after nine months from the date of a sale made under section 446.18, or after three months from the date of a sale made under section 446.19A or 446.19B, the holder of the certificate of purchase may cause to be served upon the person in possession of the parcel, a notice signed by the certificate holder or the certificate holder's agent, stating that the right of redemption will expire and a deed for the parcel be made unless redemption is made within ninety days from the completed service of the notice. (IA Code 447.9)
Tax Sale Downloads
- 2017 Tax Sale Packet
- W-9 Tax Form
- 2017 Real Estate Tax Sale Listing
- 2017 Mobile Home Tax Sale Listing